Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LED Panels for backsplash? Under cabinet for ultra modern?

Posted by emily_mb (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 31, 10 at 11:31

I am in love with the idea of LED panels for my backsplash (about 6" x 60"). But the one website I found was very expensive. Any suggestions how to do it yourself? LED strips with an acrylic panel? What kind of acrylic panel? Where do I find one?

Also, my cabinets are very modern. They don't have a "lip" (or whatever it is called) to hide undercabinet lights. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LED Panels for backsplash? Under cabinet for ultra modern?

If you really want a backlit backsplash, how about using edge lit glass or EL panels behind glass?

The wiring will be interesting.

If the rear of the range will also be back lit, acrylic may not be such a good material.

LED panels or EL lighting can be used under the cabinets.

EL lighting is probably less viable due to the amount of light produced and most are still non white.

You may want to talk to Helen of everlumen. Let me know.

Here is a link that might be useful: everlumen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here