Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marg2_gw

WAC invisiled tape for kitchen under-cab

Marg2
12 years ago

Our local lighting store had these and they looked fine. I've searched for previous mentions on Garden Web, and those who have mentioned them by name seem happy. My concerns are:

an online review on another site said that the connections are fragile and broke easily. Anyone have similar experiences?

are these actually bright enough for task lighting? We plan on using these as undercabinet lighting in our kitchen?

Our cabinet widths are 30 and 36. The lighting store suggested buying 2 1ft lengths and two 2" lengths for the 30-inch cabinet and centering the lights under the cabinet. Will the 2 "unlighted" bits at either end seem dead, or will the light spread. The lighting guy didn't seem to think it was a problem.

Not sure what to do here. Worried that I'm jumping on the LED bandwagon without actually thinking through the utility. (And I have to keep reminding myself that I grew up in a house with dark green avocado formica countertops and where the only light was a hanging fixture over the kitchen table, and we were quite happy, thank you very much.)

Comments (2)