Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ontariomom

So if you don't want all pot lights and can't do undercabinet ...

ontariomom
9 years ago

HI all,

Please help us with the lighting plan for our kitchen. We don't want all pot lights as they are downlights and we want to mix up the lighting more. Also, I dislike having pot lights positioned right over a person's head (can cast shadows over the person). We don't have any spot for undercabinet lighting as the two sets of upper cabinets go to the counter. We also have to design around a large island light which does have LED lighting under the hood but contributes to ceiling clutter.

Our ceilings are only 8 foot (which is standard in Canada). Where it shows ceiling fixture, we will be limited to flush or semi-flush. I am hoping the pendants we hang over the clean-up sink and in front of the two windows will be multi-directional and not only down lights.

Can you please let me know what needs to be reworked? I have also include an elevation picture of the kitchen. There is only a half wall behind the clean-up sink not the full wall shown. Also, there is a bigger window header over each window due to a LVL support beam over one so lots of room for a light up there.

Thanks in advance!

Carol

P.S. I did post this plan in the decorating forum too for their opinion too. However, I figured you lighting experts would bring a different take on the plan so hope it is okay to cross-post.

This post was edited by OntarioMom on Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 9:41

Comments (8)