Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone heard of Alliance Outdoor Lighting?

Posted by buzz2 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 4, 13 at 9:15

I have received a few quotes for landscape lighting around a new pool/patio. Two contractors priced out Alliance Lighting fixtures with transformers (less $$) and one chose Unique Lighting Systems (more $$). I have found a lot on the web about Unique and they seem to be well respected. However, I can't seem to find much about Alliance. Maybe I'm not searching the right way. One of the contractors offered to price out Cast Lighting items but then he came back with Alliance in the quote.

Does anyone know about or have experience with Alliance Lighting products, specifically path lights and bullet lights? Is it a respected company and make decent, durable products? What are the major differences between the cheaper and more expensive lighting fixtures? I won't go for the cheaper products if they aren't going to last.

What about Cast Lighting? Do they make good landscape lighting products? I'm thinking of having that contractor I mentioned price out with Cast ( I'm guessing it will be more money).

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone heard of Alliance Outdoor Lighting?

I found a good bit of info online for Alliance and Cast. I think it's going to come down to what color and design you want, plus how much you're willing to spend.
If you live in an area that gets salt spray, then you will most likely want to go with a metal and finish that can handle it.

I have some of the less expensive outdoor fixtures and the things I've noticed is exposed screw heads rusting, one fixture that has an adjustment for angle doesn't hold the set angle, and on a few fixtures the light bulbs burn out frequently.

Have the contractors quote on all the styles you're considering and also ask to see the product so you can see/feel the difference. Most suppliers have a showroom where you can inspect the items.

o
RE: Has anyone heard of Alliance Outdoor Lighting?

Thank you annz.

Any other comments about Alliance Outdoor Lighting products?

Has anyone actually used Alliance? I'm interested to see if anyone has personal experience witb this product.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here