Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help on kitchen lighting plan

Posted by titan7 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 20, 10 at 4:40

I have a galley kitchen 15 feet long by 10 feet wide. We put 6 6" cans in 3 on each side and 2 4"cans over the sink. the 6" cans are in "6 pack" formation. I don't feel the 6" cans are doing it. My first light off the wall is 44" and the wall looks very dark the others are spaced at 48" apart. I am thinking of adding (2) more 6" cans.

I could get the first cans about 25" off the wall which I feel will put some light on the wall but the spacing will not be even due to the vent for the hood running to the outside. There is a 36" door opening on the left and the kitching opens again on the right.

spacing would be as follows left to right:

25" from wall to Can 1, then 48" to Can 2, then 32.5" to can 3, then 48" to Can 4, then 25" to the wall. The 2 smaller lights are the 4" cans over the sink, the stove is on the opposite wall from the sink

thanks for any suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help on kitchen lighting plan

Do you have wall hung upper cabinets? If so, the can at 25" could be rather close. I started around 30".

I would space them out as evenly as possible, limited by structural obstructions in the ceiling.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here