Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janealexa_gw

Master Bath Lighting, Please help!!

janealexa
12 years ago

HELP! I have to make some fast decisions about our master bath lighting. Our master bath is L shaped with a corner tub. His and hers vanities are on each side of the tub. My vanity has a sink vanity as well as a makeup vanity that is slightly lower. There are 2 separate mirrors above the makeup vanity and the sink vanity on my side. I don't like the way vanity lights above the mirrors look. But I can't do side sconces because we will each have a side medicine cabinet (so the door of the medicine cabinet would hit a sconce). So my only option left is recessed lighting unless anyone has any other suggestions. Please HELP with placement suggestions and type of recessed lighting. How many cans? I've read they should be placed closer towards the mirror?? I was planning on putting 1 can above the makeup area then 1 can above each sink. Keep in mind we will have a hanging chandelier above the tub and another recessed light by the fireplace in front of the tub. I also plan to have 2 candlestick lamps at the makeup vanity (to provide light at my eye level). THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!!

Comment (1)