Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gas Lights

Posted by chleka (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 24, 10 at 21:38

I am considering gas lights for our new home. The only discussions in this forum I found are a few years old, and I wanted to find more current information, if you don't mind. What is your experience with gas lights, post and wall? What manufacturers would you recommend? Do you have an electric ignition and what is your experience with that? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gas Lights

One thing to be aware of with gas lights is they put off very little light.

o
RE: Gas Lights

Try Bevolo in New Orleans. We had a gas light over the door of our Garden District house and yes, it was more for ambiance, but it did illuminate the lock set and the porch ceiling (where the light was mounted) was about 14' high.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here