Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scorpionleather

Recessed lights near kitchen island adjacent to theater room?

scorpionleather
10 years ago

I am not sure how many recessed lights to place near the kitchen island because the island will have its own pendants, and there is a picture-opening in the wall where the home theater projection screen is viewable from the island seating area (by looking into the other room).

In this diagram, I have a bunch of recessed lights for the main task areas, but fewer near the island. The planned recessed lights are the yellow dots and the planned pendants are the blue dots. I am thinking that the island region should be warmer with more ambient (pendant) lighting reflecting around rather than recessed lights which tend to give a more industrial look.

All these recessed lights will be on one switch, the pendants on another switch, and undercabinet lighting on a third switch. I will also have upper cabinet glass display lighting on a fourth switch.

The lights in the main kitchen area are already installed, but nothing is done yet in the island region. The recessed bulbs will be the Cree EcoSmart 625 lumen downlights.

Comments (3)