Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
UCL plan question

Posted by ladoladi (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 24, 12 at 18:56

We are currently considering installing the Juno Pro-series LED UCLs. This is our UCL plan:

The green dots represent where our electricians put in hardwire connections that all connect to one dimmable switch.

In the plan I indicate where I have some questions about fixture sizes. Basically, I'm wondering if a 30" light in a 36" cabinet is acceptable or if it is really overkill and I should switch to 22" UCLs. The 36" cabinets are stand-alone cabinets and the countertop stretches past these uppers for about 16" (toward the stove) with nothing (cabinet or light) above it. If I go with the 22" lights, I'm worried there will be almost 2 feet of countertop with no light directly above it (except the cans in our 14 ft ceiling).

I'm also wondering if the corner upper cabinet should have 9" or 14" lights forming an L.

I would also appreciate any comments/suggestions/opinions on the Juno Pro-series. We're not dead set on them, but they do seem to offer everything we're looking for: hardwiring (which we're already set up for), LEDs, and dimmable.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UCL plan question

30" would work better.
The corner cabinets should have longer lights forming a L.

The Juno lights (imo) do not have such good value for money.

Other alternatives to the Juno would include the Philips eW Profile and the UniLume. The UniLume is currently costly, but it has the slimmest physical dimensions and probably the best light output - in terms of lumens and CRI.

o

Thank you for the eW Profile suggestion, Davidtay. I found them on a few sites, but it seems they are only available in 3 sizes: 9.25", 19.25", and 39.25". Under a 36" cabinet, would one just put in 3 - 9.25" lights?

o

You could stagger the lights to achieve the appearance of a continuously lit run. For example 4 9.25" placed in alternately in 2 rows.
-- --
-- --

Or 1 19.25" and 1 9.25" staggered.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here