Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
led in the kitchen lighting plan question

Posted by 3waller (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 26, 12 at 18:03

I've been reading up on all the great info here, and want to jump on the cree bandwagon. I'm about to put the drywall up on a new build and would appreciate some help on the lighting plan for the kitchen. I will have a chandelier type fixture over the banquette area in the top left corner of the img below, and two pendants over the island(probably restoration hardware 15 inch harmons).

I tried a cree cr6 in my current kitchen and like the look. My electrician hasn't used them before. What is my best course of action, taking into account price, looks and performance? Lr6? If so, can you advise on the layout? I was thinkin of maybe 5 between the fridge and island space (let's call that the south part, ifthe top of the picture is north), 4 behind the island running south to north, 4 wesr to east north of the island, and 4 running n to s between the island and rangetop area.

Thx,

3waller

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: led in the kitchen lighting plan question

Use the CR6 instead of the LR6. It has better dimming performance. There is quite a bit of information on the LED recessed lighting thread.

Here is a link that might be useful: LED recessed lighting

o
RE: led in the kitchen lighting plan question

thx David. Will go cr6 and a generic can with an edison fixture (i'm in Ontario). I'm still open to ideas if anyone wants to chime in on where these should go. With the benefit of a reread of David's thread, I'm now thinking the following, working from top to bottom:

- 4 along the top of the pic, just inside the counters
- 4 more just before the island, running from outside the banquet table area to the cooking area counters
- 1 behind the middle of island, and 1 in line with that between island and rangetop
- 4 on the other side of the island, matching the lines of the other 4 on the other side of the island. Maybe one more in that string on the left side?
- if 5 above, another 5 just inside the counters on the bottom side of the kitchen.

thx for any help with this..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here