Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lantana17_gw

Help with kitchen lighting please!!! Pics and layout included

lantana17
12 years ago

Hi! We are so confused about kitchen lighting. We are thinking of doing 2 pendants over the peninsula and then recessed lighting. It seems there is quite a bit of debate as to whether to do flushed mount or recessed lighting. I like that flushed mount will be less expensive and can light the room well. Our dining room is attached to the kitchen and we will be adding a nice light, and I am concerned it will look to cluttered if we also do flush mount in the center of the kitchen and over the sink. So, we are considering LED or halogen 5" cans. We would have to do two cans over the sink since there is a stud right in the center. The lighting store quoted us $100 for the LEDS and our contractor charges $50/hr. I'm concerned about the cost of LEDS but hope it would pay off in the long run. We are still considering halogens as well.

Another thought to cut down on cost and labor would be to do some track lighting over the kitchen sink but not sure if that will go with the pendants and just look awkward.

Here are some pics of the kitchen and layout if this helps at all. Any advice is so appreciated!

Comments (3)