Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with kitchen lighting please!!! Pics and layout included

Posted by lantana17 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 4, 11 at 17:57

Hi! We are so confused about kitchen lighting. We are thinking of doing 2 pendants over the peninsula and then recessed lighting. It seems there is quite a bit of debate as to whether to do flushed mount or recessed lighting. I like that flushed mount will be less expensive and can light the room well. Our dining room is attached to the kitchen and we will be adding a nice light, and I am concerned it will look to cluttered if we also do flush mount in the center of the kitchen and over the sink. So, we are considering LED or halogen 5" cans. We would have to do two cans over the sink since there is a stud right in the center. The lighting store quoted us $100 for the LEDS and our contractor charges $50/hr. I'm concerned about the cost of LEDS but hope it would pay off in the long run. We are still considering halogens as well.

Another thought to cut down on cost and labor would be to do some track lighting over the kitchen sink but not sure if that will go with the pendants and just look awkward.

Here are some pics of the kitchen and layout if this helps at all. Any advice is so appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with kitchen lighting please!!! Pics and layout included

Here are some pictures and layout:

Thank you!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures

o
RE: Help with kitchen lighting please!!! Pics and layout included

Could not see any pictures. Send them to me at info@tri-phase-electric.com and I can help with this. I will tell you what you want and talk your way, or your electrician through it.

Mike

o
RERE: Help with kitchen lighting please!!! Pics and layout includ

Pictures 4 and 5 were good, but I want to see a total kitchen picture if possible, that way I can photoshop lights right where I would install them, but would need one really good photo of eveything if that is at all possible.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here