Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dimmers get warm?

Posted by SparklingWater (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 24, 13 at 17:43

We're almost at the end of our kitchen/pantry remodel. It's incredible how nice it looks, with layers of light.

I reminded them about light dimming being part of the remodel contract, and was told that dimmers generate heat. Not enough to be a fire hazard apparently. Our DR Lutron dimmer doesn't seem warm at all.

The new kitchen has a three switch control box per their design: one controls the LV xenon in-cabinets, one switch the overhead recessed LED lighting and the last the LED under cabinet lighting.

Do you see a problem here with three dimmers? Like most, dimming and mood go along and I'd like to have these circuits on Lutron or Levitron dimmers.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dimmers get warm?

Check the model numbers of the dimmers supplied. The led Ucl needs to be on a ELV type dimmer not incandescent.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here