Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chet_everett

led recessed lighting wac vs cree vs prima vs bruck vs ???

chet_everett
12 years ago

Curious how many folks have experience with these products. Traditional lighting suppliers in my area (suburban Chicago) seem to be WAY BEHIND the curve on this technology.

I am extremely reluctant to sink a BIG premium on these if the shop owners seem a clueless on even how to order.

I prefer the look off 4" trim and have read all I can on the various manufacturer's websites about their claims regarding dmming range , color rendering and the like. I do not want to regret spending a lot on any of these and then finding out there is some downsides that will make them unbearable.

While I like the fact that Cree goes through and lists compatible info from Lutron about dimmers I really would like to hear from folks that have these or at least installed them -- do the posts about some users here having experienced strobe like effects really merit concern?

I also have read many conflicting accounts of just how "unnatural" LEDs will look in a "normal" kitchen remodel -- the project I am contemplating is fairly traditional and will include some pendants / chandeliers BUT I know I need several LED under cabinet lights and my thinking is "if it is good enough MAYBE it makes sense to use LED recessed lighting for general illumination".

I am not interested in just the "green" aspects of this so much as a sense that such lighting MAY be on the verge of becoming much more mainstream and I don't want to regret NOT getting a good product if it makes sense...

Thoughts? Experinences?

Comments (3)