Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Will pendants be enough for this small kitchen?

Posted by southernstitcher (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 9, 09 at 14:01

I'm keeping the galley style here, only changing the placement of appliances. This kitchen is 10 x 16. My contractor has suggested pendant lights (4 or 5 of them) to hang from the beam, and removing the ceiling fan, which we do want to get rid of.
My husband is thinking we'll also need cans, perhaps placed between the center beam and the cabinet line.

I'm thinking so too, since right now the ceiling fan lights do face outward, and the pendants will only be facing the floor! We will have under cabinet lights, but I'm not sure what kind yet.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Will pendants be enough for this small kitchen?

You could always go with some type of semi-flushmount fixture in place of the ceiling fan along with the pendants rather than the can lights. This way you can put in some warm white CFL's. I haven't had any luck with the enclosed CFL's for the can lights. Seem to take to long to warm up for the larger size. Smaller ones are okay.

o
RE: Will pendants be enough for this small kitchen?

Thanks, that is a good idea. I never thought of combining pendants with another fixture. I'll have to see if they have matching ones at the light store. Many thanks - that would likely do the job without having to do cans!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here