Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mystiky

Any suggestion / advice on LED-based lighting for basement

mystiky
10 years ago

I am about to start work on our basement, which has been totally demo'ed. Everything has been removed, except for pipes and BX'es. All you saee is foundation and beams, so full access is not a problem. The full area is about 40 feet x 14 feet, including a bathroom, closets, machine room, etc.

Since it's a pretty dark basement, I will need to have the light on when I am there. Having heard how much LEDs technology and prices have improved over the past couple of years, I would like to use this technology. I am also aware that using LED technology helps to save on eletrical bills.

I am interested in using 4 inch rims and do not want to have any transformers in the housing (don't want anything buzzing down the road). There is so much stuff that is being sold at Home Depot & Lowes, but I have no idea what I should be looking for. Which brands are better, which have bad reputation, replaement costs, etc... I am of course open to other places to shop for this. My main concern is to do it once, and to do it right!

Any and all help / suggestions ares appreciated!

Comments (5)