Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cree recessed for new construction

Posted by Recessed55 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 29, 13 at 12:19

I am currently framing my new home. I have been reading this forum for about two weeks and have decided to go with the Cree CR6-625L with the Cree RC6-12W cans. I need (75) of these recessed lights. Looking for the best price. Polar-ray has them for $40.00 and $15.00. Home Depot has the Ecosmart for $25.00. Does anyone know if the Polar-Ray and Home Depot are basically the same thing? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I also am looking for some outside under the soffit recessed lights as well. Thank you for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cree recessed for new construction

The HD version has a shorter warranty period. The higher output (800 lumens) will not be available from HD.

Outdoor soffit lighting using led strip lighting may be easier than recessed cans. Get some ideas from houzz.com.

o

75 cans?!? Holy smokes. Must be an enormous house you're building.

o

The house will be about 4700 living area. This is our first time with led lights. Are 4" more common than 6" in the kitchen and bathrooms?

o

It depends on the chosen style. Modern styles tend to favor smaller aperture lights.

Having a mix of lighting fixtures may help. For instance, you may find that you prefer using side mounted sconces for lighting your mirrors instead of recessed lighting.

If you have vaulted ceilings or a space with a high ceiling, cove lighting may be more attractive.

o

davidtay, thank you for the help. All ceilings are 10'. The family room is vaulted.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here