Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Island lighting help please!

Posted by shivy (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 28, 12 at 10:22

We are having the hardest time with island lighting. It's been impossible to find something we like within our budget. But mostly I need help with finding a pendant that will go with my kitchen as well as my dining room light.

Here's a WIP shot of our kitchen:

The island with river white granite counters will be 111''x53''
Here's a pic of the granite:

Directly to the left of the island will be our dining room table, which will have the following chandelier:

We were considering something like this for the island- which is 8'' wide, so we would need 3 right?

But do you think the above pendants will coordinate with the chandelier? And I'm not totally sold on the pendant above- my DH loves it but I'm not as crazy. Does anyone have any suggestions for pendants that would go well in this kitchen? I was thinking something clear glass or slightly colored beach glass- but I can't find anything that fits my vision.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Island lighting help please!

I like that pendant but not for your kitchen. Your kitchen has a light and airy look to it and I agree that a glass pendant would work well. Here is one option which comes in three sizes.

Here is a link that might be useful: Restoration Warehouse Searcy Pendant

o

Have you seen Beekeeperswife's new kitchen? Very similar to yours in color and style with that chandy you have picked out. I like the pendant your hubby picked, looks like it matches your kitchen thus far, however, I agree, might not be perfect compliment to what you are putting over your dining room table, and they sound like they are all in the same space. Have you checked overstock.com? They have 10% off today!

o

I'm looking for lighting too, but I had to share with you that your kitchen is similar to ours. I'm looking for clear glass I think, although I found a bell jar pendant in cobalt blue that I really, really want!

Photobucket

Our island is about 11'x3' and 5' at table end.

Photobucket

o

Hi,

Have you considered two large pendants in chrome or nickel? That would make an impact and coordinate with your chandelier. The link shows a Restoration Hardware pendant, which is pricey, but they also have clear pendants in the $150 range. Also, West Elm is a good place to check on pendants. Finally, I love mixing vintage with new - maybe two vintage pendants? It's a beautiful kitchen!

Here is a link that might be useful: clemson pendant

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here