Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
candelabra base lights/ceiling fans - enough light?

Posted by lexmomof3 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 25, 13 at 6:57

I've been looking for a ceiling fan that has 4 lights for some of my bedrooms. The is not a lot of natural light in those rooms. Most of the ceiling fans I'm finding have a candelabra base. I found one that has (4) 40 watt candelabra bulbs. Still looking for one with (4) 60 watt. Will candelabra bulbs put out light similar to a same watt regular or CFL bulb? I also have a (4) 60 watt light with candelabra bulbs and a diffused bottom on the fixture for the laundry room. The space is approx 10x8. Do you think this will be enough?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: candelabra base lights/ceiling fans - enough light?

Four 40W bulbs will be 160W of total power, and yes, candelabra bulbs will be similar in light output to a standard A19 bulb. For an 8x10 room, that should be plenty of light, unless the fixture has a shade or diffuser that does not pass all of the light through.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here