Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need advice on choosing a fixture for my son's room, please

Posted by threeapples (My Page) on
Tue, May 22, 12 at 21:54

This is new construction and our home is a historic Georgian style. I need a flush mount or semi-flush mount for this room that has only one window. I like the school house style, but feel that the 10 or 12 inch diameter of most of those will be too small for this room. I think at least 100 watts for this fixture is needed. I'd like to stay under $120 for this because our budget for lighting is rather low. I am looking for either oil rubbed bronze or brass finish for the fixture's metal. thanks for any ideas.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need advice on choosing a fixture for my son's room, please

http://www.lightingdirect.com/kichler-3122-traditional-classic-three-light-semi-flush-ceiling-fixture/p843159

15 in in diameter---uses incandescent or CFL--3 med base 100 watt incandescent--so should have good light
tannery bronze is the color choice in bronze
not too ornate but traditional
riight at $100

thus ORB drum shade pendant is less expensive

http://www.lightingdirect.com/capital-lighting-3923-479-3-light-semi-flush-fixture/p1171688

you could trip the shade with ribbon to go with your son's room
and there is diffuser so bulbs are not exposes

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here