Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
xenon undercabint problem

Posted by pghred (My Page) on
Tue, May 10, 11 at 21:13

picked-up fixtures today. forgot the cabinet above sink was changed. its now a 30" instead 0f 35". the longest fixture quoizel makes which will fit is 24" and only has 3 18watt bulbs. wife says no way will there be enough light.

checked lighting sites and came across seagull brand. 26" with 4 35watt bulbs.

i am little concerned with additional heat generated.

also how is the quality.

forgot to menition this is going to be hard wired.

any input and suggestions would be helpful

thanks in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: xenon undercabint problem

I have seen xenon pucks melt chocolate stored in cabinets above the lights. (Happened to a friend of ours.) They produce a LOT of heat.

I would look at T4 or T5 fluorescent, or LED.

o

We used WAC xenon light bars. They were installed today. They give off great light but they do give off some heat. Not super hot but warm. Mine are hardwired. Didn't want to spring for LED

Here is a link that might be useful: WAC bars

o

I would avoid a cabinet over a sink and use a more focused recessed light in the ceiling or a track light behind a valence.

o

Suggest that you look at LED under counter fixtures. Do the cabinets really extend over the sink?

o

Bh401,
We r having the exact UCL by WAC installed in Friday. This is what the Electrician recommended since we can't spring for LED. How do you like them so far?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here