Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to start re: Undercab lighting for kitchen remodel

Posted by catlover5 (My Page) on
Tue, May 22, 12 at 20:39

I did not want to hijack krkahn's post . . I know nothing about undercabinet lighting hence I am a newbie too.

DH is currently wiring kitchen for our remodel. We have a 3 ganger that will control the ceiling fan that has a light in it, a light above sink if I so desire (kitchen is L shaped, sink in front of window, room is small, not sure how to get a light above sink with the close proximity of the ceiling fan which is a necessity as we don't have a/c) and undercab lighting which I would like to be able to dim.

The kitchen is L-shaped and I have a break in the cabs from the left of the sink and then beginning again on the right of the sink. Where do I go from here?

My cabs (which are not up yet) have a recessed space underneath but are not smooth, flat and even from cab to cab and the KD did order me a small simple under cab molding (this is a cottage white painted kitchen) to hide the lights.

Where should I research? What should I look for? I will cross post this in kitchens too. This is the last item I have and probably should have addressed it sooner but I am wore out from this budget remodel!

Many thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to start re: Undercab lighting for kitchen remodel

There is the long running UCL continuation thread on this forum.

If you want dimmable lights, it will most likely not be fluorescent lighting.

Here is a link that might be useful: UCL continuation

o

Thank you davidtay. I did see this post on my Google search and it is very, very helpful.

o

Someone in kitchens gave me the same link to your post. I think I am overloading myself with this light research! Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here