Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andalee

Help me pick flush-mounts that don't need a bra.

andalee
11 years ago

Well, looking at it now, we probably should hace installed cans . . . but the pine ceiling is in, and it is what it is. I've attached a photo, so you can see what I'm working with. The ceiling goes from 11' at the peak to 7' just over the windows. The positions of the light boxes looks wonky in this photo, just due to the angle. Trust me that they make sense when you're there, k? ;o)

I'm thinking short pendants over the counter by the windows, matching pendants over the peninsula, and I'm not sure what to do for the walkway and in front of the fridge. It's such a small space (and I have a big pantry) that I'm not going to do upper cabs . . . so maybe a short pendant would be good over the fridge, too. Maybe some kind of flushmounts for the walkway . . . but they need to be small, and NOT boob lights. (DH just hates 'em. lol I don't blame him.)

Soooo . . . ideas? I like to keep it below $50 for flushmounts, and the pendants kind of depend. I need to be as frugal as possible, but I still want it to look good, and work well. This is a farmhouse (well, the carriage house that belongs to a farmhouse), so I'd love to keep things farmhouse/schoolhouse/etc. I'm hoping I can find a mix&match pendant at a big box that I like, so I can put a little more towards flushmounts. I love a few things from Restoration Hardware, but . . . well. I'd like to be able to put in trim and kitchen cabinets, too, ya know? ;o)

I don't expect anyone to go hunting around for me; I just hope that some of you have seen things that might work here, and will chime in.

Thanks so much for the ideas, everyone!

Comments (4)