Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
recessed eyeball lights keep swiveling

Posted by celticmoon (My Page) on
Wed, May 11, 11 at 19:10

We have a number of 'eyeball' recessed lights high up in vaulted ceilings - the eyeballs swivel so that the light can be directional independent of the ceiling plane.

Three of them are driving me nuts as they keep swiveling on their own to shine the light in a useless direction... like the one above my sink that I kinda want to shine light onto my sink area...

Is there a trick to getting these to stay oriented in the right direction?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: recessed eyeball lights keep swiveling

There is a swivel in there somewhere. You need to go in and tighten it up.

o

You need to go in and tighten it up

Thanks for answering Ken. Sorry for my ignorance, but go in where and tighten what up? I get it that I need to take out the bulb and the baffle, but then I am not sure what I am looking for...

These are Halo fixtures, circa 1988, if that matters.

o
RE: RE: recessed eyeball lights keep swiveling

still hoping for some help.

I need to know what I am looking for way up on that ladder...

o

Whatever pivots they're using need to be tightened up.

They may have screws that can be tightened, or just rivets for the pivot points that needs to be squeezed with some pliers to make the joint tighter.

For rivets using a small c-clamp can work well (about a 3 inch clamp).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here