Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ceiling fans with lights in 8 ft ceilings

Posted by loves2read (My Page) on
Tue, May 29, 12 at 17:55

House we bought as vacation home in FL has mainly 8 ft ceilings...
house has assortment of ceiling fans w/o lights
we want ones that look uniform and have light kits
My husband wants a closed look vs the 3 or 4 shade fixtures where the bulbs are visible...

Any recommendations for good quality fan that is not overly expensive
we are using white so as not to be too noticible against the ceilings...

and can you get a regular fan and just use a short drop pipe?
We are having electrician install all the fans/lights cause some of them have to be moved to different place on ceiling in some rooms...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ceiling fans with lights in 8 ft ceilings

We have ceiling fans in two bedrooms and the family room. Our home came with Emerson fans and we put in a Hunter. Both brands came with an assortment of light options. I found out that most of the lower cost lines come with motors that depend on the price and some were very good and some cheap. I went to one of the big online dealers and found a rating system for fan motors that let me choose the quality I could afford, but bought it locally. I always assumed that Emerson was just a cheap line but that was not so. They also make one of the top rated motors. The Hunter we bought came with an assortment of drop tubes and we used the shortest over a bed in a bedroom..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here