Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Replacement light for ceiling fan?

Posted by trixietx (My Page) on
Sat, May 15, 10 at 17:53

I have two Hunter ceiling fans that are probably 8 or 9 years old and I need a new light globe for one of them. It is seeded glass with a four inch fitter and kind of an upside down mushroom shape. I love the globe and don't want to have to replace it with just a schoolhouse or round globe fixture.
Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Replacement light for ceiling fan?

Both Home Depot and Lowe's carry quite a few globes for ceiling fans, at least they do in Arizona. You could also look online. If you go to the big box stores, you could take the old globe to be sure the new one will fit.

o

I have looked at both and they don't have anything similar or that would look good with my ceiling fan. After looking and looking online I found one place that had the same glass lampshade as mine, called and he said it was on backorder and had been for a long time. I am thinking they probably don't make it anymore.

Thank you dainne for your response.

o

There are 2 choices available at Reliance.
4" Fitter Glass

o

You can find a wide variety of replacement part online in lighting showrooms.

Here is a pretty good place to check

Here is a link that might be useful: hunter ceiling fans

o

I have a very unique bulb in my ceiling fan from Home Depot; it's about 5 years old, the Belvedere. Since I didn't remember the model name and couldn't locate the owner's manual I called HD store, they knew nothing.( I don't know about Lowe's and their fans.) Anyway the company that makes some or all of HD's fans is King of Fans. I first contacted HD corporate offices in Atlanta, sent the rep a picture of my fan and bulb via email and within two days I received call from the HD rep and King of Fans rep on a conference call and ordered the replacement. King of Fans is in Florida, just google it for their contact info.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o
RE: Name of Replacement light for ceiling fan?

Sorry I forgot to say the brand name at Home Depot was Hampton Bay but the fan was made by King of Fans.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here