Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ceiling Fan Light Bulb Alternative?

Posted by frank1203 (My Page) on
Sun, May 22, 11 at 17:31

Hi, I just had a ceiling fan installed and there is a light attachment that came with the fan which is necessary to light my bedroom. The light attachment are three 60 watt clear candolabra bulbs surrounded by clear glass cup. I don't like the way this light shines in my room. Because the glass cups are clear and the bulbs are clear in conjunction with the vents on the fan, it projects lines all over the room almost like a dance club. So, I'm looking for any sugestions anyone may have as far as what bulbs or glass cups I can purchase to solve this issue. I love the fan but need to soften the lighting effect in some manner but still need brightness for my room as it an overhead light. The requirementis the the bulbs can only be 60 watts max on each of the three sockets. I welcome your ideas! Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ceiling Fan Light Bulb Alternative?

1. Switch to bulbs that are opaque - so salled soft white.
2. Call the manufacturer and see if there are light cups made of opaque glass. Also ask their opinion for softening and diffusing light.
3. Install a rotating disco light ball below the fan!

o
RE: Ceiling Fan Light Bulb Alternative?

thank you. I did call the manufacturer who suggested I try Home Depot for opaque lighting cups. Sure enough, I was able to by three of them for only about $13.00 total. I put them in last evening and the disco light ball in my bedroom is now a thing of the past! Thanks again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here