Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Landscaping Lights - Hadco LED

Posted by jmcgowan (My Page) on
Thu, May 24, 12 at 17:20

Our landscape architect specified a Hadco brick light with an incandescent bulb to be used in a few places on our terrace; the model is RSC2 HK5I. Three of these will be placed in our hardscape to provide low level lighting near steps or the edge of the terrace. I want the light to be soft and not too bright.

Hadco makes the same light in an LED version, which I'd like to use instead. It can be purchased with a warm lens, and comes in a 3 watt or 5 watt version. I spoke with Hadco's tech support group, and they recommended going with the 5 watt version without the warm lens, as they said the warm lens would result in much dimmer output than even the incandescent light. This is model RSC2 HK5 D5 E.

Has anyone used these products? Thoughts on which LED version to go with and why? I'm trying to decide on 3 vs. 5 watt, and warm lens or no warm lens.

I will cross post on the landscape design forum. Thanks for input.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Landscaping Lights - Hadco LED

I purchased a Hadco lighting kit for the RL4 lights. In retrospect I should of gone with the LED because they last 20 years.

I went with the 2700k warm hue. This matched my current il6 integral wall lights.

I would recommend the 3 watt warm lens. The difference probably will not be major and over all you will save. The warm look is personal preference but its more like other incandescent bulbs out there.

I put the link of the Hadco lighting Kit I got

Thanks
Kevin

Here is a link that might be useful: hadco lighting kits

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here