Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
UCL Solution for Blind Corner Wall Cab

Posted by raya1 (My Page) on
Mon, May 28, 12 at 16:57

Hello

I'm installing 120V hard-wire bar lights under my cabs.

I have a blind corner wall cab which is "pulled" 2-1/4" away from the wall at the corner. I'm not sure about the best way to "turn the corner" with the bar lights. The cabinets lay out as follows from left to right:

Wall 1: 27" wide cab, 3" dead space(filler),then 12" side of a blind corner cab
Wall 2: 2" dead space (cab is "pulled" from corner), then 27" blind cab

I am considering the following layout:

First light (Wall 1) will be 22" long and will be centered under 27" cab leaving 17-1/2" or so to corner (2-1/2" end dimension plus 3" filler plus 12" blind cab). Second light (Wall 2) will be a smaller fixture (12") for the second cab and mounted same distance from corner as the first fixture. Question is at 17-1/2" from the corner, will both fixtures have enough spillover to eliminate a noticeable dark spot there?

Given that I must stick with 120v hard wire bar fixtures, Is this the best solution or is there something I've missed?
I would appreciate all input.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UCL Solution for Blind Corner Wall Cab

If you utilize high output bars like the UniLume, the spillover should take care of the dark spot. Cost could be an issue.

Otherwise, you could
1. Try tweaking the placement of the light bars to minimize the spot.
2. Add more bars in a staggered fashion.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here