Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Halogen bulb?

Posted by milkmandan (My Page) on
Thu, May 24, 12 at 16:11

I'm new here but can use the gardening portion of this site.

Anyway, I got a two-headed halogen lamp that the bulbs were dead so I went to the box store, took the burnt bulbs, and got 2 more. (The new ones were broken trying to get them in so I have to go back. aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh). I managed to get one plugged in the lamp and the bulb lit up even though the dimmer dial was in the off position, the lamp was merely plugged in. I double checked that the lamp was indeed set to off but the bulb was obviously getting power. Question. Is this a sign that I got the wrong bulb (cause theres millions of them and the writing was gone on the old bulb so I had to hold it up to package. I got G8 but I also saw one like G8 - 6 or something)? Surely the dimmer isn't bad. I have 2 other halogen lamps that I've had 20 years no hiccups.

Anyone have advice. I'm thinking I'll go back and buy a few different kinds and see what works. No writing on the lamp body, but when I figure this out I'm writing what type of bulb with a nice big sharpie.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here