Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen Remodel - LED Uplighting & Under Cabinet Lighting

Posted by judi82 (My Page) on
Mon, May 31, 10 at 16:04

Now that I've settled on LR6 down-lights, I need to focus on dimmable up-lighting and dimmable under cabinet lighting.

I am interested in a LED swivel tube produced by Diode LED. The tube's mounting clips allow you to position the tube at the exact angle you need. A 20 inch tube has an energy usage of 3.6 watts and produces 185 lumens. I like the idea of being able to adjust the direction of the light source, but these swivel tubes only come in 3000 K and I have decided on 2700 K downlights. Will the difference in kleven made a noticeable difference? Should all light sources in the kitchen be the same kleven?

Are there other choices/types of LED up- and under-cab lighting that would make more sense?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen Remodel - LED Uplighting & Under Cabinet Lighting

Yes, there will be a difference in that the light will be whiter.

I don't think all light sources need to be of the same color.

I used neutral white under cabinet lighting (environmentallights) and LR6 can lights.
DSCN0899

As for other choices of LED, you could take a look at www.environmentallights.com. They have warm white under cabinet lighting as well. Note that there are a number of other resellers who carry the exact same LED strips. - superbrightleds.com, phototonier.com, ...

HTH

o

Thanks, David. I'll check them out.

o

We cant help with the can lighting, but if you email me I can send you a pdf of the LED under cabinet we mfg.

Maximum light length is 12 ft. long
Custom lengths manufactured to the inch
Day White LED/6,500K or Warm White/2,850K
White housing extruded UV stabilized plastic
1" LED spacing
120 viewing angle
Approximately 100,000hour lamp life
Slim-line contour of continuous light
White mounting chips included
24 lumens per LED 288 per foot
2 watts per foot

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here