Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone use these bulbs for recessed lights?

Posted by bugbite (My Page) on
Sun, May 24, 09 at 15:19

Hi, anyone use these lights for your recessed cans:
two piece bulb

This is a two-piece bulb. It comes in many watt sizes and many kelvin choices (light color- shades of white). The lamp life is rated at 10,000 hours and the ballast life is rated at 50,000 hours.
TCPI makes n:vision available at HD. But this bulb is commerical and not at HD.

TCPI
Partner of the year for EPA.
What's cool is that they make small reflectors for the CFLs, that fit right over the bulb and vented lens to go over the cfl so the spiral is not as visible. Very neat!

I can't get the link to work for the rflectors and lens. If you are interested do a search.
Thanks for your response,
Bob

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone use these bulbs for recessed lights?

After a ton of research and communication with the manufacturer, which is amazing at answering my questions (if you get connected to the technical person), my conclusion (or rather their conclusion) is that I could use the TCP 20w 10120 dimmable (not the 23w in recessed lights) again the 20w which gives 1200 lumens (almost double the 650 lumens I have be seeing lately). I can get it in 3500k white which I now find good in a white kitchen (previously thought I could only live with a 3000k).
I can add their 201M3027M mini aluminum refector which you slide over the spiral cfl and then add the separate ventilated len 10R30PV. Plus I would buy the TCP dimmer that they make and recommend with these bulbs. All this makes an expensive (around $30), industrial 10,000 hour bulb with high lumens that is dimmable. How the lens will look, I don't know.
If anyone is using this bulb let me know.
Another alternative is the 1100 lumen GE Gunura 15000 hour bulb (non-dimmable)3000k. This bulb uses very interesting technology which is very expensive and drives the price to around $32 at conservationmart com. The sales person there seems to be very nice and tries to be helpful.
Bob

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here