Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
6 lights or 9?

Posted by squishyball (My Page) on
Thu, May 16, 13 at 14:44

What do you think? Looking at the "Family Room" as it's labeled... 242 sf. 840 lumen LED recessed kits. 6 lights would be 5040 lumens, 20 l/sf. 9 lights would be 30 l/sf.

They'll be on 2 sets of 3-way dimmers, controllable from the top of the stairs and from down in the rooms. So can always dim down -- but I go back and forth on whether 6 (4 in the TV area, 2 in the desk area) would be enough or not.

Would you do anything different than put them in a straight line like I have them?

Thank you for any ideas!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 6 lights or 9?

6 is sufficient. Given the position of the tv, you'll end up either leaving the lights in front of the tv off or dimmed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here