Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rsvlle_nj

Help..Vaulted Ceiling Chandelier Before It Comes Crashing Down!!

rsvlle-nj
14 years ago

Hi,

If anyone has any experience with hanging a chandelier, I have a problem that I could use some help with. My ceiling is vaulted to about l8 feet and the chandelier is at the 14 foot mark. The chandelier weighs approximately 70lbs and the electrician changed out the box to the proper weighted box. After hanging the chandelier yesterday, last nite I noticed that the top finial loop seemed to have moved away from the ceiling about an 1/8th to a 1/4 inch. The canopy did not move, just this loop...it's actually the part that the chandelier chain hangs from and screws into the crossbar. The electrician came back over today and said that this is not unusual because of the vault...the chandelier moved to find it's center and he reassured me that it "will not come down". He also said that the crossbar is secured soundly and that nothing would have bent up inside the box. It doesn't sound exactly "kosher" to me, but, then again I'm not an electrician.

If anyone can shed any light on this (no pun intended) I would really, really appreciate it.

I'm slightly nervous that this thing is going to come crashing down and kill someone.

Thanks....Barbara

Comments (2)