Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hehateme_gw

Review kitchen/snack area lighting plans

hehateme
12 years ago

Lighting has been the hardest part of our basement build process.

We have a full kitchen in the basement. Ceilings are 9 feet high.

It is 15 x 10. It is next to an area we call Snack area(size 15 x 11) but most likely will not have any furniture there.

Floor plan is shown below.

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m546/hehatem/bar.jpg

There is an island. It will have 3 50 watt halogen light pendants

I will have cabinets along the back wall. They will have xenon undercabinet lights.

Due to the duct work in the ceiling I will be unabel to put 6 inch cans in the area between back wall and island.

The electrcian suggested line voltage 4 inch Juno recessed lights. He will put 50 watt halogen bulbs in it. He suggested 3 lights.

In the area next to the kitchen with is 15 x 11 I was thinking of putting Cree CR6 lights.

Earlier my plans were to have all the lights except the pendants in the kitchen/snack area to be led.

Problem is that 4 inch LED CREE lights are significantly more expensive.

If you are still with me. Here are a few questions:

1. Do I have enough lighting in the kitchen area?

2. Snack area next to the kitchen will have LED lights. Is mixing different types of lights in the adjacent area going to look good?

3. All the kitchen recessed lights are going to be in 1 zone of my 6 zone lighting control system. Can I mix led and halogen lights in the same zone and still dim them?

I mixing led and halogen in the same space is not a good idea I will consider spending more to get 4 Inch recessed LED lights.

Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (2)