Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
homeimprovementdiva_gw

Lighting Help

Posted this first in Building a Home and got a couple of responses but thought I'd try here.

I went to local lighting store to get some help on where to put some of lighting (mostly recessed) and wanted to get some opinions. I also forgot to ask her about some particular areas she didn't note.

Any input would be greatly appeciated!

-she put 5" cans 4' from wall in playroom but I noticed they are only along edge of room. should I add more to middle or put a ceiling light?

-should I put ceiling light in kitchen?

-should there be lighting in stairway up stairs and she didn't put any in hall upstairs. should I add recessed in hall upstairs?

-she recommend long florescent light in laundry area (70/80's looking style) which I think is ugly. Would two ceiling lights be ok. There will be under cabinet lighting where the angled counter space is.

-we only have recessed lights over TV and two sconces in FR. we had that in last house and they were on dimmers and it worked good. we did have a lamp in one corner but hardly used it.

-there will be under cabinet lighting in kitchen along with recessed. any ideas on how to split up switches? I don't want all recessed on same switch, I'd like to split to at leaset two I think.

-not sure if I should put recessed over sink or a nice little fixture to add some interest and character.

sorry for the long post, just trying to get this right since it is a modular home and everything needs to be wired at factory so I can't stand there and show electrican exactly where I want them.

Comment (1)