Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Something similar to Cree CR6 at Lowes?

Posted by khallock (My Page) on
Mon, May 13, 13 at 13:23

It seems like the Cree CR6 is recommended here. I have a Lowes giftcard though and I was hoping to buy my recessed lighting there for my kitchen. Is there something comparable at Lowes?

Should I bite the bullet and buy the Cree CR6 and pay for it out of pocket? I will if its that much better. We currently have 6" cans installed, but the sheetrock is completely off of the kitchen ceiling, so I guess anything is possible in terms of lighting.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Something similar to Cree CR6 at Lowes?

Save the gift card for something else. Lowe's doesn't have anything comparable.

o

The Sylvania RT6 is what Lowes carries. Not quite as good as Cree, but still better than Halo.

o

I like the RT6 as well as the CR6, and prefer the slightly whiter (3000k) color. However, it had a short turn-on delay that I didn't like, cost a bit more, and required even more money for a GU24-to-RT6 adapter, so I used the HD version of the CR6, plus 7 800 lumen CR6's.

o

Ok. Thank You!

o

Just want to chime in and say we are quite happy with our Sylvania RT6 lights. I don't notice any delay when I flip the switch.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here