Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
villanohow

Tall Husband, Low Ceilings...Ugly Lights?

villanohow
14 years ago

Hi there! I'm hoping you talented folks can help me out.

I'm slowly replacing the hideous ceiling fans some previous owner installed in our 1918 Craftsman house. I recently purchased a couple of period-appropriate chandeliers -- one for the kitchen, another for the foyer -- which are just beautiful.

Unfortunately, my husband is 6'7". My ceilings are 9' tall. The poor guy is whacking his forehead every time he turns around. I agreed to look for something in the semi-flush family.

But, well...I don't WANNA! *stamps foot* No, really, I of course want my husband's skull to stay (at least mostly) intact, and I suppose that martial harmony trumps pretty pretty lights. ;) I've just not had much luck in finding good looking fixtures that will work in our space.

I've always been so impressed with the style and good taste shown by the members of this site, so I'm hoping you lovely people have all-time favorite fixtures that you just KNOW (without even seeing my rooms) will work in my house. If you do, please post 'em!

Thanks in advance! =)

P.S. This is my first time starting a thread here, and I have no idea if it's even going to post in the right sub-forum. I'm shooting for lighting, but if this ends up in Gardens or Flooring or somewhere...um, sorry.

Comments (2)