Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dhuston_gw

Question about dimmer for undercabinet LED

dhuston
11 years ago

Going to put some LED strips under my cabinets. Will have three separate runs of upper cabinets. Am looking at using the following strips.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&category=BARS&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2FFLSX3.htm#photos

Not sure if I want cool white, natural white, or warm white yet. Any suggestions? The kitchen has mostly recessed incandescent lights and a few pendants.

Anyway, I have a switch that supplies two of the sections together, left and right of range, and another switch for the third section. The switch controls power to a duplex outlet mounted on top of cabinets.

My question is what would I need to be able to dim these lights? Was going to just use a compact dc power supply plugged into the outlets. Will a lutron LED dimmer work with that or would I need a different power supply?

Also, for the sections on the sides of the range, the switch controls two duplex outlets, one on each side, I would need a power supply for each side? Will one dimmer work both power supplies?

Also, would I need magnetic or electronic dimmer? Was wanting to use Lutron Maestro.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments (3)