Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
porch light options.....

Posted by allnewappliances (My Page) on
Tue, May 24, 11 at 11:53

Hi all - this isn't a technical question, more of an opinion one. My question has to do with outside lighting.
I have some lights around my house that are hampton bay (see link below). I need a big pendant light for under my porticol that would go with these lights. The hampton bay ones that I used for around my house does not have a hanging pendant, and I really don't have an eye for one that would match.
Any feedback is appreciated.....

Here is a link that might be useful: Hampton bay outside lights

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: porch light options.....

Fairly common style. To be honest your best choice is to head to a real lighting company and browse catalogs. I vaguely remember some similar Quoizel hanging outdoor lamps. Or browse some of the lighting websites and search for hanging porch lighting or similar.

I'll make one more plug for local lighting companies. The good ones are quite competitive with internet prices and you get the added bonus of an experienced set of eyes to help in the process We are redoing a beach house and the local lightig company beat the internet prices for some nice pieces by about $15 per fixture.

o

Hi allnewappliances, I will echo the opinion of roadbike, as I had the same experience. I priced lights for inside and outside our new sunroom/screened porch, and after exhaustive research, visited a local lighting company, who helped a lot with decisions AND beat the price of the online stores. Their REGULAR price was better, without any negotiating. I bought Sea Gull lighting (which have not yet been installed, but I like the look of them and they are here in NJ, where I live). Lots of online stores show them, if you want to have a look.

http://www.seagulllightingexperts.com/Outdoor_Ceiling-and-Hanging/4-10-0-0/list.aspx

This page might get you started. Good luck!

o

Thanks both. I have a few local lighting stores around me and have bought all my inside lights there so I'll check them out for the porch light. I have exhausted all my internet searches b/c I don't know what goes with what! I don't have an "eye" for this at all!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here