Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Over Cabinet Lighting

Posted by squishyball (My Page) on
Fri, May 17, 13 at 9:47

Another question... I would like some LED accent lighting to go above a built-in cabinet, behind the crown. It's about 11' long, varying depths.

I'd like these hooked up to a wall switch. Preferably a Maestro Digital Fade Dimmer. Going for the effect of hitting the switch then having them fade gradually on or off.

Obviously some sort of LED strip light is desired - but there are so many. Where would you start?

We're down to studs so wiring is not an issue.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Over Cabinet Lighting

Similar to Ucl except that the light output has to be greater if you intend to use the lighting for more than accenting.

If you intend to use direct wire, start off with the eW powercore MX as a possible candidate. The Solid Apollo is another possible solution.

o

Thanks! I'll check out those lines...

I've been looking at environmentallights per some of the other threads out here, and now I'm torn between using a dimmer on the wall at all. They make some that are IR controllable, and even color-tunable via remote for not much more.

Wall switch dimmer like the lutron maestro magnetic or just hard wire them and rely on the IR dimmers that are made for the 24V system at environmentallights?

o

A wall switch dimmer setup will be less complicated and could provide more reliable operation than IR (if direct line of sight is required).

It really depends on what you intend to install.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here