Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Undercabinet options with a 0.875 overhang

Posted by phillysf (My Page) on
Sun, May 27, 12 at 8:44

Hello,

I've been trying to sort out undercabinet options; very complex for the novice. This is not DIY, but I want to guide our GC and electrician. We have wiring for direct wire, but it seems the "lowest profile" direct wire option is the Philips ew Powercore, which at 0.88" may protrude just a bit. Are there any other "lower" profile direct wire options, or should we go to a low voltage system with transformers?

We are fine with LED (most low voltage/low profile systems seem to use that). We have 4 segments (26", and then 3 23" segments; "fences" in between) that we would like to be able to dim and switch on and off with one switch on the wall (we are OK with them not operating independently). As far as I can tell, the products on environmental lights seem like they could fit the bill, but any insights would be a huge help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Undercabinet options with a 0.875 overhang

Yes, the UniLume for example has a smaller profile which comes at a cost.

o
RE: Undercabinet options with a 0.875 overhang

I have the same issue. I'm experimenting w/ different options. One set of cabinets has an LED tape, which is virtually flat; the other has the LuxBar, which is .46" in depth (or is it height??), so either would work for you.

Here is a link that might be useful: LuxBar

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here