Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Juno lighting?

Posted by BlackChamois (My Page) on
Fri, May 18, 12 at 0:58

Is anyone familiar with Juno lighting? I recently visited a lighting store and got the demo of these amazing recessed lights (specifically the Juno 4" Low Voltage Black Alzak Recessed Light).

I know nothing about lighting (but trying to learn) so I don't know if it was the housing, the alzak coating, or the bulb that made the difference in how these looked/performed in comparison to others.

As much as I would love to purchase these, they are a bit out of my budget (around $150 - housing, baffle/trim, bulb).

I am doing a remodel and having recessed lights installed in the kitchen and living room and need to decide on lights asap. (I originally had wanted to do 4" LEDs, but after this educational demo, I am completely rethinking this and don't know what to do!)

Does anyone have knowledge of these, or another brand or solution that would allow me to achieve the same affect?

Thank you forum folks!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Juno lighting?

AFAIK, there are no 4" remodel on the market that are ICAT (insulation rated/air tight). So if it's attic above then rule out 4". I did 5" cans. I went with Halo housings and elite trims. You may want to see the trims in person since they make look different than what is on the website (e.g. gloss/flat, color, finish quality etc). The 5" trims fit snug around a r30 so you can't see up into the housing, unlike some 6" I've seen. Check out lumen rating. Of course the 4" are not going to put out nearly as much light as a par30/r30 at around 900 lumens

o
RE: Juno lighting?

I know this is an old thread, but I saw the black alzak lights and loved them, did my house in them nearly everywhere (that I was putting cans). They are amazing, if you ask me.

I moved and now just am renovating my kitchen and put them in. I am curious, however, why you say no LED light bulbs in them? I am currently on a hunt for LED bulbs for my 2 6 inch for general lighting and 5 4inch for task lighting over the countertops.

Anyone know a reason why LED bulbs can't be used with the black alzak trim?

Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here