Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen Lighting Ideas

Posted by Enrico_Palazzo (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 13, 12 at 22:30

Hello everyone, I have been looking around the site trying to learn from everyone else's posts, comments, and suggestions so I figured it was time to post my own project.

I have ordered my kitchen cabinets from the local HD and currently have the kitchen gutted. I'm trying to come up with a lighting plan, based upon the HD suggestions. They suggest 7 can lights, I would like to add 2 pendants over the peninsula and under cabinet LED lighting.
The can in the ceiling will be 6" with LED bulbs, was thinking about LED in the pendants to keep all of the color temps the same.

Any suggestions or location changes would be greatly appreciated, my electrician just flaked out on me so now I'm the electrician as well on this project.

From April 13, 2012

Here is a link that might be useful: lighting plan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen Lighting Ideas

Knowing the layout of the ceiling joists and any obstructions above the ceiling is the first thing to figure out as that will impact the placement.

If you use the CR6 (ECO-575) or CR4 (ECO4-575) the color temp is ~ 2700k, very similar to warm white incandescent lighting.
There is a link to the LED UCL continuation inside the LED recessed can guide.

Here is a link that might be useful: LED recessed can guide

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here