Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
john90505

Lowes Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fans - Noisy/Reliable?

john90505
15 years ago

Does anyone have experience with Lowes Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fans? We like the style and the price, but are nervous about the quality. Does anyone have experience, good or bad, with the Fans, especially noise or reliability issues?

Comments (11)

• homeagain
    14 years ago

Read this.

Here is a link that might be useful: Harbor Breeze

• housavvy
    14 years ago

If you want a good high quality fan get Casablanca, or Emerson with a K55 motor. However, they are much more money. Watch for details like motor size / type and blade pitch.
    As ginger light said, The name brand fans in lighting showrooms are generally higher quality than Harbor breeze of Hampton bay.

• vkitten1977_aol_com
    13 years ago

I just had a new house built. I bought Harbor Breeze fans for throughout the home and I now have to take all of them down and buy new ones. We were smelling fire and pinpointed to my sons bedroom I had my electrician come and the wires were burnt to a crisp he said everyone of the fans were defective and LOWES would not do anything about it!

• Ms Lana
    6 years ago

we went with Harbor Breeze fans due to price and on a few it was style. So far very pleased with them. Have the Harbor Breeze Saratoga in family room and need a dining light and front hall light to match. Any ideas?ceiling light

• HU-113431248
    5 years ago

I have had a Harbor Breeze 42” fan in my dining room since the summer of 2013. I am very pleased with it. It’s is quiet, does not wobble at all, rarely burns out a bulb. I have no complaints and plan to buy another for my bedroom soon.

• HU-607661032
    5 years ago

Just had Harbor Breeze ceiling fan installed. LED light looks great. Runs quietly. But, remote speeds too fast. Speed 1 is medium speed; speed 2 is almost vibrating; speed 3 is too strong to use. Any suggestions?

• Kyle Rollins
    2 years ago

I just bought a harbor breeze fan from lowes, paid to have it installed and now have to take it down because it sounds like bearings are dry. loud metal rubbing sound.

• Anna Wiehe-Beck
    last year

We purchased 3 harbor breeze boltz. DO NOT BUY. All three are basically not functional because the remotes barely work. They can't be operated manually. Harbor breeze customer service is worthless and lowes won't return because we were already passed the 90 day return by the time we had them installed.

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    last year

buying fans, should not be the cheap. Go to a lighting store, you can buy affordable basic fans form vendors that have been in business, just selling fans. Fans should look nice but the point of a fan is to move air. the blade pitch, motor size in relation to the blade length and the ability to select from way more options. We rent when I moved in I asked for all new fans, each one wobbled, made noise and the blades are about straight. they are all from Lowes. He bought new fans, all from Lowes again, i am positive once we move out they will all need replaced again.

There is a reason you see 30 year old homes with the OG fans still working and quiet. Quality.

• Marguerite Twist
    last year

Lowe's is the worst for returning Harbor Breeze ceiling fans that have a problem within the warranty period. I will never buy another thing from Lowe's. Harbor Breeze should not sell their fans to Lowe's because they do not stand behind the life time warranty.