Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lowes Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fans - Noisy/Reliable?

Posted by john90505 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 20, 09 at 21:34

Does anyone have experience with Lowes Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fans? We like the style and the price, but are nervous about the quality. Does anyone have experience, good or bad, with the Fans, especially noise or reliability issues?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lowes Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fans - Noisy/Reliable?

Read this.

Here is a link that might be useful: Harbor Breeze

o

As a professional Lighting Consultant and a consumer, the best advice is to buy ceiling fans from companies that have replacement parts for their fans. Harbor Breeze and Hampton Bay are made exclusively for Home Depot and Loews. They tend to change the styles very often and discontinue a lot of products very quickly. Not good if you have a problem down the road. I used to love Hunter but have recently had problems with 4 originals. You might look at Emerson, Monte Carolo, Craftmade, the brands that are sold in Lighting Showrooms. Showroom do not want trouble with fans and they tend to sell better quality when it comes to fans. The older fan companies keep parts for a long time. These DIY fans are cheaper for a reason.......

o

If you want a good high quality fan get Casablanca, or Emerson with a K55 motor. However, they are much more money. Watch for details like motor size / type and blade pitch.
As ginger light said, The name brand fans in lighting showrooms are generally higher quality than Harbor breeze of Hampton bay.

o

I just had a new house built. I bought Harbor Breeze fans for throughout the home and I now have to take all of them down and buy new ones. We were smelling fire and pinpointed to my sons bedroom I had my electrician come and the wires were burnt to a crisp he said everyone of the fans were defective and LOWES would not do anything about it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here