Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
minduhla

Suggestions for alternative to chandelier over table in log cabin

minduhla
11 years ago

Picture this: Log cabin with flat sided walls, very steep pitched roof of wood with beams. The table is next to a wall. I don't want to hang a chandy due to steep roof pitch and would have to install a cross beam between 2 long beams in order to center the chandy over the table. Whatever I put up has to be a plug-in because of the solid wood walls. I saw an accordion lamp from Restoration Hardware that would be perfect except it is only 40W and not enough light for tasks. Is there a way to hang a light from the wall? Sconces would not be bright enough I don't think. I was thinking maybe attaching a decorative extra extended wrought iron plant bracket to the wall and using it to swag a pendant or barn light over the table...or running galvanized pipe up the wall with the wiring inside then an elbow away from the wall over the table and hang a barn light from that. The cabin is cottage/rustic and I have been racking my brain trying to come up with something that would look good. I fell in love with Pottery Bran's 5 light Mason Jar chandy and would love to hang that somehow. Any ideas would be very much appreciated!