Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
not enough lighting driving me crazy ... 45-50 watt bulbs?

Posted by rufinorox (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 4, 10 at 19:04

We have installed 35 watt halogen bulbs in our recessed lights. There are 6 and its driving me crazy there isn't enough light... well everyone else thinks there is but me. I guess I'm used to the big old fashion floursent lights. We have a light fixture over the penisula, but I don't think I need to have that on with the others to get more light .. or do I? Do they make these bulbs in 45-50 watt? However, ours are screw ons. I tried the doft bulbs in 45 watts, but they aren't as bright. I need some help... anyone?

http://www.lowes.com/pd_236992-371-81662_0_?productId=3065065&Ntt=ge halogen bulb&Ntk=i_products&Ns=p_product_price:1&pl=1tURL=/pl__0__s?newSearch=true$Ntt=ge halogen bulb$y=6$x=18

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: not enough lighting driving me crazy ... 45-50 watt bulbs?

To help one would need to know the brand and model of the housing and trim to see what possible lamps may be used. Who designed the kitchen lighting? Wasn't there a plan? One needs to choose a lamp, then a housing and trim to hold it and the spacing at which to place them.

o
RE: not enough lighting driving me crazy ... 45-50 watt bulbs?

My brother-in-law an electrician planned the lighting. I wanted enough lights, so he suggest 6 recessed in the space we have and used 35 watt hallogen. I just switched them out for 50 watt halogen 20 par lights. They look brighter, but I won't know until later this evening. Its quite sunny out I can't tell right now.

We have 4" hall houding and trim lighting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here