Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
CFL Edison Base vs 2 Pin

Posted by sbkim (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 23, 12 at 18:55

Hello What is the difference between CFL (screw on base) vs CFL with two pins? It seems like many of the new energy star light fixtures offer 2 Pin which happens to be more expensive than the screw on type. Aside from CA, it seems like it would be better to get the regular fixtures and just use screw on CFL? Thanks in advance for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: CFL Edison Base vs 2 Pin

The 2 pin base is the GU24 base which has been labelled as "energy efficient" as you cannot fit a E26 base (edison screw in base) incandescent bulb.

Yes, get the standard E26 base as there is no difference.

o

AND, because the way CA Title 24 is implemented to preclude the use of edison base lamping.
Then along comes CREE.
Yes those dastardly entrepenures. How dare they subvert those well meaning tree hugging, berkenstock wearing, nanny-state liberals.

o

Thank you so much for the replies. I was naturally drawn to the Energy Star rated fixtures but didn't realize that many required GU24 light bulbs which were much more expensive than E24 CFL's... I thought surely I was missing something that GU24s offered better performance etc. Good thing I checked in with you guys. Thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here