Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have you purchased online from lightingonthenet.com?

Posted by maydl (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 6, 08 at 17:59

I'm cross-posting this from the Kitchen Forum:

Lightingonthenet.com currently has the best online prices for the undercabinet light fixtures I want. I'd appreciate hearing about the experiences of Lighting Forum folk who've ordered online from them.

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have you purchased online from lightingonthenet.com?

They work. Ordered $2.1k worth of fixtures and all was well.

o

Lets put it this way, many online retailers will do a good job for you if you know what you are buying and are not PITA about waiting for goods to arrive or making changes in the order after the fact.
I've bought $50k worth of lighting for three new houses over the last several months and no mishaps with the exception of double-dipping my cc # and tying-up my credit for several days.

o

kat ofhb hit it right on the head.

o

Thanks so much to you all for your responses. I've got more confidence now going ahead with the order.

kat_ofhb, your pragmatic approach to ordering online is a good reality check for me; I'll try to be careful with the order.

And I'll check out that link, lightingpro.

o

Forget it, they are Chapter 7.

o

Well, judging by the fact that they were literally losing money for every Cree LR24 they shipped, I would think they didn't have a good grasp on their expenses.
Granted, I don't know if they actually sold any LR24's. But I can only imagine that that mistake wasn't their only one.

o

Isn't it possible that each vendor has their own cost on Cree products?

o

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM. THEY ARE IN BANKRUPTCY! I'm currently disputing a 1,200 charge because my item never shipped.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here