Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
UCL: Unilume or Philips eW -- where to buy and other ?

Posted by kaysd (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 4, 13 at 17:56

Can anyone recommend a reliable website with the lowest prices to buy the Tech Lighting Unilume or Philips eW Profile Powercore UCL fixtures?

Also, based on what I can find online, I think both of these options have built in dimming drivers, but require the use of splice boxes, is that correct? My electrician recommended Maxlite for the price point and because they are "plug & play," but they are not available in 3000K.

TIA!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UCL: Unilume or Philips eW -- where to buy and other ?

The Ucl continuation thread should have some recommendations. You could start with amazon for UniLume.

All direct wire Ucl is plug and play in that you just connect the lights (with a smaller set of parts) and not have to worry about wire lengths, location of the power supply, etc which low voltage systems require.

A splice box is required to connect the romex to the lamp cord. Look at the installation instructions for each led bar - eW profile, UniLume, maxlite.

o

Thanks. Have you compared the eW Profile and Unilume? Is the Unilume worth the extra $? I like that it has higher lumens, but it might be overkill.

o

I've briefly looked at the uniLume. It might be justifiable if you really want the thin profile and output.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here