Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ardee clikstrip undercabinet lighting price

Posted by sophie123 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 18, 11 at 17:47

Hello!

My architect specified undercabinet lighting called Ardee Clikstrip CRKFWC-Length-FS-XF25. (lamp: festoon, 12V, 5W and remote transformer). I have no idea what this is and googling it doesnt help much as I am trying to figure out if this will blow my budget (again). I have about 15' of wall cabinets to light.

The cabinet maker wants to know today how much of overhang at bottom of cabinet i need for undercabinet lighting so i need to tell him something.

Anyone familiar with this product? I believe it is LED lighting. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ardee clikstrip undercabinet lighting price

I'm not familiar with that product, but I did price something similar and it was high compared to what I ended up with - I used Environmental lights premium and love them - I wanted something with a good light quality (high CRI) and bright but dimmable. Not sure if the ones you listed are dimmable...and I think they are larger than most of the light bars available now

Don't assume your architect is up on the latest LED lighting - there have been a great deal of improvements and a drop in prices since I started researching them for my kitchen.

Here is a link that might be useful: Environmental Lights

o

Sorry the late response. I read about environmental lighting and it seems good. Unfortunately my electrician for the job just called me and knows nothing about LED other than a couple stories of people getting it for UCL, spending a ton of money and not being happy.

Should i order the test kit of environmental lighting to see if i like it? Which color is best for a blue kitchen? I have no idea how to pick one over another.

I feel like i have to do all the legwork here which is scary but i don't want to regret the lighting choice 5 years later.

o

There are 120V hardwired UCL and low voltage (typically 12V or 24V).

Ask your electrician about his comfort level in dealing with 120V AC or 24V/ 12V DC.

The env lights are 24V DC.

You may find the link below useful.

Here is a link that might be useful: led UCL DIY

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here